At Nijhuis i-CONSULT we can offer a full range of Structural Engineering Services from our experienced in-house team. We have many years of experience with proven track record of delivering project results and our services include:
- Superstructure Design in all materials including steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Foundations including simple pad and strip footings to more complex pile cap and rafts.
- Below ground structures such as basement retaining walls in reinforced concrete, piled contiguous flight auger (CFA), secant piling and top down construction methods.
- Podium and transfer decks.
- Retaining walls including highways retaining with or without technical approvals.
- Feasibility surveys for a site or conversion of an existing building or barn.
- High & Low Rise Residential, Commercial Office, Retail, Industrial Warehouses, Wastewater, Food Distribution, etc
We are specialists in the design and management of complex wastewater and AD Biogas facilities. Our work leads the way in developing new and innovative methods of delivering projects on time and budget, providing exceptional services to our customers.
Civil Engineering & Highways Engineering
We carry out civil engineering designs from simple infrastructure requirements for adoptable drainage systems to roads and highways, culverts, sea defences and sea outfalls.
Working to support both local and national developers i-Consult have successfully delivered a wide range of highway schemes.
Close liaison with local authority highways engineers undertaken at an early stage of any project can help avoid planning delays and costly re-designs.
We have extensive experience of S38 agreements to allow the adoption of new highways on site. In addition we can carry out designs to facilitate modifications to existing highways via the S278 process which is typically required for new junctions for example.
Where vehicle swept path analysis is required this can be carried out using our specialist in house software. AutoCAD Civil 3D is used to assess alignments and minimise cut and fill operations.
Our services include:
- Highway authority liaison and negotiation.
- On and off site highway design and detailing.
- S38 and S278 sectional agreements.
- Vehicle swept path analysis.
- Pre-planning advice and design concepts.
- Pavement design and detailing.
Structural and Condition Survey Assessments
We are able to carry out Structural Assessments of individual properties from simple cracks and subsidence to more complex commecrcial assessments. These can be for the purpose of ensuring adequacy for purchase but also conversion. With many years of building assessment for re-use and development, we undersrnd the limitations and opportunities that can arise in potential purchases.
We have many years of experience in assessing retail properties for conversion into many differing uses and have acted as ‘expert witness’ when required.