Nijhuis Industries UK & Ireland has a long established history in the UK and the current operation was formed following the merger between Nijhuis Industries and H2OK Water and Energy. Both companies had a long established relationship having worked together for over 15 years, providing consultancy, design & build, maintenance and operational services for industrial and municipal wastewater, commercial and residential sewage treatment, floodwater and infrastructure projects.
The coming together of the two companies provides our clients with a complete single source supply and a true 'turnkey' capability. We have over 400 reference sites in the UK across the Food and Beverage, Municipal Water, Holiday and Leisure and development and infrastructure markets.
Meet environmental challenges
- Sustainable water use and resource recovery
- Achieve consent compliance
- Reduce environmental impact
- Minimise waste(water)
- Reduce flooding
Turn cost centres into profit centres
It is our ambition to help customers and deliver solutions to:
- Reduce the amount of (waste)water and effluent charges;
- Reuse treated effluent or process water;
- Recover water and resources from your waste and (waste)water.
We help our valued customers to meet their increasingly demanding sustainability requirements, lower their environmental footprint, combine productivity and energy efficiency and reduce life cycle cost at the same time.
- We offer a single source supply
In-house, consultancy, design, build, maintenance and operate teams.
- Application know-how in (waste)water, floodwater and infrastructure
We strongly believe that through combining our application and process know-how and longstanding expertise in a large number of industries, we can deliver solid solutions with the highest level of innovation.Nijhuis was founded in 1904 and our flexibility and customer-oriented approach have been important values in our company history with more than 2400 references around the globe.
- Glocal network and multi-disciplinary teams
Our customers benefit from our national and global network and local knowledge provided by our regional Sales & Service Centers, partners and preferred installers. Our ‘glocalized’ solutions are developed by multi-disciplinary teams combining the experience of our global engineering and research activities and the knowledge and skills of our local service providers and business partners.
- In-house (patented) solutions and services
We have dedicated and specialized teams with extensive experience in designing, developing and implementing our mostly in-house developed solutions and services. For example, oil-water separators, dissolved air flotation (DAF)and dissolved gas flotation (DGF) units, biological treatment systems (like BIOCTOR and AECOMIXTM), recycling, disinfection and sludge dewatering systems can be supplied as single units, integrated overall solutions or modular installations according to specific and local requirements.
UK SOLUTIONS & SERVICES
Sustainable Water Use & Resource Recovery Solutions
More than ever water is a critical resource where increasingly demanding environmental requirements have given rise to new technologies and working practices to create a more sustainable way of treating and reuse wastewater. Nijhuis Industries has a broad experience and application know-how within a wide range of industries. We are designing the most appropriate solutions to reduce, reuse and recover (waste)water meeting or exceeding the industry standards.
Turning wastewater into profit underlines Nijhuis Industries’ determination to fulfill the market’s need for innovative, sustainable solutions with minimum life cycle cost. We believe in the value that wastewater and waste provides to the customer, all depending on materials used in the industry.
Application and technologies include:
- Treatment of (waste)water to reduce water company effluent charges and achieve Environment Agency consent
- Recycling of polished water for irrigation purposes or cleaning in place (CIP).
- Ammonium recovery into ammonium sulphate, a valuable bio-based fertilizer.
- Oil and high quality fat separated and reused as animal feed or biofuel.
- Convert different types of organic waste into renewable energy and heat.
The (waste) water management and care for the environment is very important for the continuation of your business. Nijhuis Industries is your natural partner to reduce the life cycle cost of your waste, wastewater, water treatment and disinfection plant to maximize the performance of your installation with the Nijhuis intelligent services (i-SERVICES).
Nijhuis has gathered extensive know-how to service and maintain your system based on more than 2400 references to discharge and reuse your water in compliance with the local environmental legislation and create value out of your (waste) water.
Consultancy - i-CONSULT
i-CONSULT is our in house consultancy which has a comprehensive range of expertise covering civil, water, structural, environmental, mechanical, electrical and process disciplines. Alongside providing essential design for our ‘turnkey’ projects they also frequently work for:
- Water utilities,
- The food and beverage,
- Holiday and leisure industries,
- Local councils,
- Planning consultants.
The team’s expertise is frequently engaged on the design of wastewater networks, sewage pumping stations and pipelines, wastewater treatment plants, water treatment and distribution, flood water management, civil and structural engineering and infrastructure.
Our Projects division i-CONSTRUCT is able to undertake a complete turnkey project providing all necessary skills and expertise within one team to successfully construct and commission the plant or equipment. In support of our leading equipment technology, more of our projects require a provide a full Design, Build Finance, Maintain and Operate (DBFMO) capability
- Nijhuis i-CONSTRUCT completes this fully integrated offering and provides a full project construction capability
- i-CONSTRUCT consists of a team of in-house experienced construction industry and project management professionals working alongside our design and process manufacturing teams
- i-CONSTRUCT takes responsibility for design, procurement, construction, commissioning
- Design undertaken by Nijhuis Industries in house design team Nijhuis i-CONSULT
- Equipment technology manufacture, commission and support from Nijhuis Water Technology
- Civil, mechanical and electrical installation from Nijhuis i-CONSTRUCT
- We are able to operate as Principal contractor under the CDM regulations.
Maintain and Operate
Our service team will keep your plant and equipment in the highest standard of operation and maintained in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and site requirements.
We can offer you a variety of service levels, resulting in a custom-made plan tailored to your choice and requirements. Our service plans provide regular inspections, on-going monitoring, preventive and corrective maintenance for the entire system. Our goal is to keep your system at maximum performance and at the lowest possible cost of ownership. Our monitoring and control services support you with resolving emergencies and continuously improve the reliability of your plant, optimizing processes and lowering operational costs. We can also offer a full operational service,.
- Reduced life-cycle cost.
- Maximized performance of your plant.
- Improved reliability.
- Low operational cost.
- Real-time control.
- Guaranteed effluent parameters