Wastewater treatment plant for a large furniture retailer
Large furniture retailer
The client is a multinational group that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture, kitchen appliances and home accessories. The company is founded in Sweden and has been the world’s largest furniture retailer since at least 2008. With the initiative of the new wastewater treatment plant in Krasnodar, Russia they have taken the lead in their industry to realize a botanical wastewater treatment, combined with a visitor center.
Nijhuis Industries will realize, together with technology partner Organica Water, a turn-key botanical wastewater treatment plant treating the wastewater from a mega shopping mall in Russia, Krasnodar. Nijhuis will integrate the Organica Food Chain Reactor (FCR) in a turnkey 1,000 m3/d treatment facility with advanced Nijhuis pre- and posttreatment technologies.
- Customer: Large furniture retailer
- Industry: Municipal / Shopping mall
- Location: Krasnodar, Russia
Scope of supply
- Contract type: Design and Build (turn-key)
- Added value services: Design, project management and engineering, manufacturing, delivery, installation, commissioning
- Solution: Coarse screen, Flotation (GDF), Organica FCR, Sludge Separation, Carbon Filtration (CarboPure), UV disinfection (NUV) and Sludge Management by a Drum Filter (NDF) and Screw Press (NSP)
- Intelligent services: i-MAINTENANCE and i-MONITORING
- Proposed start date: 2018
The wastewater solution is executed with Nijhuis coarse screening and Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) units and will remove the large particles from the wastewater prior to entering the Organica FCR. After the secondary treatment through the FCR, Nijhuis CarboPure and UV disinfection units will polish the effluent to the stringent Russian discharge requirements. The excess sludge will be treated with a Nijhuis Drum Filter (NDF) and Nijhuis Screw Press (NSP).
The Organica FCR, with odorless operation and beautiful flora , is situated in a glass house and ensures the seamless integration of the treatment facility in the urban area within the mall complex, including a botanic garden visitors center.
About botanical wastewater facilities
Botanical wastewater facilities with Organica FCR utilizes active biofilms on natural (plant) and/or engineered root structures (biomodules), all in a fully-enclosed, odorless facility. The result is a solution which offers a significantly reduced physical footprint and lower operational and infrastructure costs when compared to conventional solutions.
- Complete architectual botanical wastewater treatment plant, combined with a visitor center
- Turn-key execution of the project by Nijhuis Industries
- Clean water to be discharged to local river
- Enclosed system and compact footprint