About Nijhuis H20K
Nijhuis H2OK operates as a specialist wastewater treatment and waste to
value turnkey solution provider. The company has the in-house skills and
technical knowledge to provide clients with turnkey projects, from
design, through civil and mechanical/electrical construction to
completion operations. The in-house design consultancy section supports
the turnkey offerings and also provides flood water management and
design services to external clients.
- We have built an enviable name in flood risk and mitigation over 20 years however, we are least known for the other services that we offer.
- Experts in the field of effluent treatment providing design for both industrial and domestic uses.
- We have a fostering ethos and look to be inclusive in everything we do.
- Belief in being the catalyst to solving problems and not creating them.
- We have a ‘Can Do’ attitude and promote this throughout the division, taking pride in the work that we do and in the relationships that we build with our clients & partners.
With a background in water treatment Nijhuis H2OK have extensive experience in the design of sewage treatment and industrial effluent plants and pump stations.
Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plants are an increasingly popular method of maximising waste to value. Nijhuis H2OK have designed numerous (AD) plants over the past five years and offer full design services for new plants either using Nijhuis technology or the clients’ preferred process provider. Our designs cover all aspects of the plant including tanks, services, access and waste handling. Civil, mechanical and electrical design of anaerobic digestion, industrial effluent and wastewater treatment plants
- Drainage inspections and surveys of networks
- Potable water supply and sewerage design including consultations and adoption advice under S104/98 of the Water Industries Act 1991.
- Water and wastewater audits of food and beverage customer premises to identify opportunities for water conservation and reuse, recycling of wastewater, waste to value and other green initiatives.
- Drainage design and S38 agreements.
- Design of mechanical and electrical systems including commissioning.
- Building superstructure and foundations in all materials including steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, timber, etc..
- Complex foundation design using piled and rafts.
- Retaining walls including highways retaining requiring highways agency technical approval
- Basement construction and ‘top down’ building techniques
- Structure types include commercial offices, housing developments, retail spaces, hotels, schools, healthcare, stadia and stands, distribution centres, etc..
- Complex structures including stressed skin and fabric structures.
- Liquid retaining structures above and below ground including thermal crack distribution
- Structural Assessments and Inspections of Buildings & Bridges including support structures such as foundations, columns, floors, etc..
- We are currently on the journey of enabling our offices with BIM in the form of Revit Structure and Civil 3D to tie in with our analysis and design software.
Civil Engineering Team
Site Infrastructure Design and Civil Engineering is one of the primary services we offer and covers all sectors of the construction industry. Working across all of the industry sectors, we have the knowledge and expertise to advise on the civil engineering requirements of development and infrastructure projects, from the feasibility stage through to construction.
We can provide Highway and Drainage Engineering advice from the initial concept stage through to design and construction. Adoptable Residential & Industrial Estate Drainage Design.
We identify both the constraints placed on development by regulatory requirements and site conditions and the opportunities that can be created by practical and innovative design.
Nijhuis H2OK’s flood water management section operates independently from the company’s wastewater and waste to value departments. The in-house consultancy has extensive experience undertaking water, flood risk and environmental consultancy work.
Managing surface water runoff in line with best practice is an important part of any development.
Nijhuis H2OK offer specialist design and site testing services to allow schemes to be devised which ensure that runoff from developments do not contribute to flooding from increased runoff.